Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

apple (student)     16 October 2011

Advocate certification

Dear members,

My friend is pursuing MS in US he took loan from bank. Now bank is asking for repayment of loan, due to financial problems he is not in a position to pay the loan amount. He approached the bank officials requested to give time for repayment of loan. My friend told them that his father's business is running in losses due to heavy debts taken from financial institutions to run the business smoothly. Due to heavy losses in business his father could not pay the debts in time. Now the financial institutions have filed a suit in court for recovery of suit money.  Now bank is asking for advocate certificate stating that suit pending and is filed in so and so court.

Can any one give me the format of advocate certificate to submit  in US bank.

Thanks and regards,

Learning

1 Replies

Rupam Ghosh (In practice)     16 October 2011

Look the bank is just trying to safeguard their interest. You took the loan and you want the time to repay the same for the reason of financial loss to your father's business for which he is facing a suit proceeding in the court. So the bank is interested to know the factual position with regard to the same so they are asking the certificate from the Advocate. This certificate wont have any specific format as such but it has to be identified by your father's Advocate defending him in the proceeding. So the Advocate dealing with your father's case has to aver on his letter head that Civil Suit/Special Civil Suit bearing no                   /2011 is sub-judice in the Court of  Ld. Judge or the Dist Court as the case may be under the heading TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN duly signed/attested by him. Hope this helps you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register