Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakesh Patel (Manager Accounts)     06 December 2013

Advise to get remarried

Dear All,

I have recently received an ex parte divorce decree from a family court .. My ex and her family are more like anti-social elements and she married me just for money.. somehow i have managed to get ex parte as she never appeared before the court. Now the scene is she is not aware about this ex-parte order. i wanted to know what can be the consequences if i get married and then she comes to know about this order. Secondly i would also like to know the consequences if i inform her first without getting married. what can she do to me and what steps can she take against me. Also what would be your expert advise in such a situation. Please advise me as your advise can shape up my life again. Thanking you and obliged... 

Learning

3 Replies

rahul (director)     06 December 2013

keep silent and let pass 90 days

don't inform her,,

remarry after 90 days

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     06 December 2013

1. pl.tell are you sure that you had got exparty decree ? 2. Will you pl. tell she had received the notices or summons issued to her on her last known address by you. 3. if she had not received the summons or notices due to wrong address then had you published the same case after taking permission of the court .4.if she had already received the summons and delebrately not attending the court proceeding then wait for 90 Days as It is limitation period to file appeal against divorce decree , no need to give her information.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     07 December 2013

Mr. Joshi has sought for certain clarifications, if have justified reasons for all the doubts raised, you may as suggested wait for 90 days period from the date of exparte decree and then proceed with your next proposal.  You do not have to inform her about your proposal to marry somebody again, even if she comes to know about it, she cannot sue you for bigamy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register