LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Yogesh Pahuja   10 May 2018

Advise Required on Buying of Resale Residential flat

Hello Everyone,

I am planning to buy a Resale flat in Pune location and will be second owner of the property if bought.

The current owner/seller had originally bought this new property directly from the builder.

As per the sale deed, the property was originally registered on both Husband and Wife name. Later they got divorced and husband gifted over his share to wife through Gift Deed. Now the property is entirely on Wife name.

I would be requesting expert advice on buying this resale flat.

What checks needs to be performed to avoid fraudulent activity? Should I buy this kind of property?

Note: This property is only 3.5 years only and I will be buying this property through HDFC Bank loan.

Many thanks in Advance.


 5 Replies

rajuchowdappa   10 May 2018

Mr. Yogesh


You need go for legal Opinion on your purchasing flat. Moreover, he will advise on your future safety or future complication. So that you will be safe and can save your money. 


If you need any suggestion on it, you can contact me to this number 9980635871



Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 May 2018


'Buyer Beware' applies to property deals.

It shall be appropriate to get proper legal opinion from a very able LOCAL senior counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in revenue/property/civil/DRT matters and well versed with LOCAL applicable rules/laws and having successful track record…. and worth his/her salt , before signing or making payment.

This may cost some FEE but can defend long term interest and hard earned monies.


Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 May 2018

There are endless number of threads at LCI alone on persons losing hard earned monies due to inadequate legal search/advise and you can search by using SEARCH option;


M/s HDFC bank may collect fee for legal opinion from you and may not issue reciept...


Still IT is in your own interest to get proper legal opinion from your own LOCAL counsel... 

Deepak joshi   10 May 2018

You can cal me 9456777600.

Hemant Agarwal ( Mumbai : 9820174108)     05 August 2018

1.  IF the Husband has executed a proper Stamp Duty paid Registered Gift Deed in favor of his Wife, THEN it would be worth buying it, PROVIDED you take a Indemnity Bond from the Wife, to indemnify you against any claims, from any other known /unknown claimants.

2.  Check the name on the Property Card, Civic Records, electricity & Water & Property tax bills, Share Certificate of Society/Association (if applicable), Divorce decree AND have it all scrutinised by a Title-Report of a local Search-Advocate.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query