LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jessica (Sales Professional)     24 April 2010

advise me

Hi All,


I applied for divorce and has been granted in the month of feb, but unfortunately I dint get my papers signed by the judge till now due to the situations in hyderabad. Can I get married and register the same without the without the paper in my hand. Is it illegal? Coz my inlaws are worried that my ex-husband wud create problem. Kindly suggest me what can I do?


 7 Replies

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     24 April 2010

Madam, you cannot marry till 30days after the divorce decree if it is by mutual consent. If it is otherwise, then you have to wait for 90 days before you get married.

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     24 April 2010

if it is mutual consent divorce then you can marry, but if it is not ,I agree with Suchitra

Pankaj Mehta (Advocate)     25 April 2010

two things are not possible at the same as u have mentioned that diworce has been granted but u havn't received the papers yet, if diworce has been granted, the judgement must have been prepared and pronounced by the presiding judge, possibility of not obtaining certified copy of judgement can be there, consult to your advocate whether the judgement has been pronounced or not, if it is not then u have to wait for it and if it is pronounced you will have to wait from the date of decree to the expiry of limitation of filing appeal i.e. 90 days

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     25 April 2010

Dear suchitra, Suppose if jessica solemnized marriage without wating for the specified statutory period what are the consequences?

Suchitra. S (Advocate)     25 April 2010

Sir, you are always quizzing me..  :) well, in that case her second marriage becomes void.

AMBUJ KUMAR (PARTNER)     25 April 2010

Hi Jessica,

Its better to wait  the statutory period after divorce granted.

Ambuj Kumar

sarathy veeraraghavan (SALES PROFESSIONAL)     26 April 2010

Marriage was fixed through matrimony website,my self was working on behalf of icici bank personal loans and was earning well, i told a lie that i have completed degree, but i was having arrears,i did not consult my family for marriage, my wife had a brain tumor knowing this i married her, my family members said no for the marriage, and considering my wife health i asked my father in law to see a house near by them,but unfortunately every thing went bad first i got a loan from my father in law of rs 50000 before marriage, because my father was not financially sound to conduct the marriage,to buy dresses and mangal sutra for my wife for that purpose i borrowed from my father in law, and after marriage, for which i gave two blank cheque , and i lost my job after marriage and suffered for 6 months without a proper job , and my father in law threatened me that i will put a case by depositing your cheque , father in law does not believe me in sending my wife for a living . she had a brain tumor before marriage and i married her by knowing this, due to financial problem i pledged my wife jewel including( 150000). they even taken my jewel which they offered me on my marriage , i want a solution to live with my wife, they tortured me like anything because of this me and my wife got fight between, now they dont believe me sending their daughter with me , i want a solution whether to live with her or to divorce her.even my wife nodding her head what his father say . if she comes and stay alone with me i will take care of her, he used abused words to me and to my father, please suggest me what to do and now i have settled 60k out of 1,5 lakhs .they have taken all the things which they offered me on marriage like fridge, TV, washing machines and other house hold furnitures i have even given my wrist watch which they presented me on my marriage, i dont want their money and other things , am not money minded , my father in law gave me the loan through their friend both are in state government my father in law also done BA LLB , i need a solution for this big problem,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register