25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SaveMe (customerCare Rep)     16 December 2013

Advice required regarding rcr or domestic violence complaint

Hi All,


I have got married in July, 2012. Ours is an arranged marriage.Since Marriage, My Husband and MIL ill-treated me(Abusing me as not equally educated(though an Under Graduate,not well earned, not beautiful and finally not from a rich family).I have a 6 months old Baby Boy now.

My MIL was so possessive over my husband that she does not let us stay alone in a different city where we live. She wants her son to visit her every week and was on call with him throughout the day and even during nights intruding in our privacy.

On the other hand, my husband is so greedy in terms of money that he wants me to get money from my parents. He and  his parents also demands all the money which I get as salary  every month which i was giving him when i was with him .He has not spent even a penny for me or my child during pregnancy or even now.

Also he and his parents are foul mouthed and had been cursing my parents of not giving enough money whenever he requires. My MIL has went to such an extent of cursing my unborn baby during a verbal conflict .

Now since the delivery of My 6 months old Baby he has deserted me by creating an argument and quarrel in the maternity hospital. Now I am staying at my parental home since am working in this city. Since then he has no intention of taking me back to his home in spite of involving all ours and his relatives for resolving this dispute.

Now he has left his job and went back to his home town and when asked over called he is saying that I am not ready to live with you and asking me to send a divorce notice that he wants to get out of this relationship.

He is NOT ready to take responsibility as a father of the child as well as to save our marriage for the sake of the child

Can I go ahead and lodge a complaint on him,or whether RCR would be helpful?. I do not have a intention of getting a divorce for the sake of my baby.

Seeking your kind advice

Thanx in Advance


 7 Replies

Manoj Kumar Jain (abc)     16 December 2013

If you want take revenge then file 498A, DVAct and 125 case. otherwisw you can file RCR or solve matter amicably. There is lot of problem and dispute arise in the early year of marriage. Think positive for life. 

1 Like

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     16 December 2013

agree with Mr. Jain first try to save your marriage.
1 Like

fighting for my brother (HR)     16 December 2013

@save me.. as per your descripttion... your husband is running away from your responsibilty...as well greedy too..

so i will suggest you to get divorce because RCR  and other cases cases will not do any benefit to you but definately your lawyers..

even this cases and RCR will not bind him anyways.. so better divorce him and start fresh..

wihout proofs and actaul eveidence these cases will be running for years... where you will loose your time and money at the end...



A sister


Yes to Maintenance


Yes to DV - Residential order and protection rights


No to 498a


No to Divorce - Its not joke to move on and lead a single mother life.


Give more time for the relationship.

1 Like

Ajay Kumar Tiwari (Advocate)     16 December 2013

It is clear from your descripttion that you are not looking for divorce.... It is good to see that you are working towards saving your family.... You are living in your parents city..... so RCR is out of question... Have you tried to go and live at his house and has he turned you out? Go for Domestic Violence and maintenance..... and if required resign from your job and be prepared to stay at his home. 

Ranee....... (NA)     17 December 2013

Don't file 498 a. Think  of your child .Get RTR filing case under DV Act and yourself start doing some job. Keep a maid for your baby as he is 6 months already.

HelpMePlease (Sr. Software Developer)     17 December 2013

Don’t throw ur family(u, husband and baby) and marriage in fire by filing 498a..

If possible try by mutual communication with husband..

If not work then try mutual communication with the help of some mediators from family or from mahila mandals..

If still not work then go for Women's Cell for mutual communication only ..

In all above u surely came to know what in ur husband and inlaws mind about marriage..

If nothing works strait forward goes to divorce and start fresh..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query