Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Marc K (Business Developer)     01 September 2013

Advice on mutual divorce and mou

Hello Experts,

I got married in 2012 and within few weeks of marriage my wife started behaving in a very rude and inappropriate manner with my family and me. She used to fight with my parents and me go to her parents house  and then after few days come back seeking forgiveness.

However, even after talking things out with her, she did not change and matters went from bad to worse where in I had to stay separately with her leaving my parents. Her behaviour still didn't change and we finally moved out.

Now she has agreed to file a mutual divorce and wants me to sign an MoU which states some clauses such as:

1) She is filing a mutual divorce just like me and not under any pressure etc.

Now the issue here is she had filed a police complaint against me (which the police did not file). They (police) directed us (my wife & me) to their counselor who heard us and suggested that we separate amicably.

She again asked me to come and sign the MoU. But there is another clause in it where she is demanding marriage expenses incurred by her. Now what do I do? She is inflating the cost. How could I amicably mediate this issue and sign off the MoU.

Please suggest.

Learning

1 Replies

B.N.Raja Mohamed (ADVOCATE)     01 September 2013

Sir,

It depends upon your willingness to pay her denmanded money. If you don't wish to pay you don't sign the memorandum of understanding and you challenge the case if she files on her own for divorce.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register