The police have falsely implicated a friend of mine in a murder case. Had few questions about that. Some facts about the case:
1. My friend is a relatively rich and influential guy while the murder victim is a poor villager from whom he had purchased some land couple of years back.
2. My friend is truly innocent but the circle inspector in charge of the case has put his name on the FIR as the lone suspect.
3. My friend is in judical custoday for two months now. Our bail application was rejected by both District Court and High Court. Our lawyer wants to wait one more month by which time the circle inspector has to file a chargesheet.
My questions are:
1. Can the circle inspector produce some false witnesses in the chargesheet to make sure my friend doesn't get the bail even after 90 days?
2. How strong should the police evidence be for the judge to remand my friend under judicial custody even after the mandatory 90 day period?
3. Some of my friends suggest that we make "peace" with the circle inspector to weaken the chargesheet. I guess this means bribing/influencing the circle inspector. Is this is a good idea? What is the worst the circle inspector can do beyond keeping my friend in custody for 90 days?
4. Finally, can we fight this case in the court entirely on its merits or should we worry & be careful about what the circle inspector files in the chargesheet.
Any advice would be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance for your time.