LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajganesh   24 June 2016

Advice need for divorce a french nationality wife

Respected Lawyers

I am rajganesh from south India iam an Indian and my wife is French nationality. She p*rn in Pondicherry at her age of 7 she moved to France she have only French nationality and her parents living in India they are still have Indian nationality. Both are Hindu and both families are Hindu. We got traditional  marriage in oct 2014, we registered our marriage in same month at kadaloor Tamilnadu then we produce all documents to French embassy Pondicherry then in November 2014 both we moved to France (my self had student visa not marriage or spouse visa) from the beginning we have so many problem of living both fight often and so many misunderstanding the French embassy Pondicherry took so long to register our marriage so we again done civil marriage in France in 2015 June but life going very worst between us. Each day fighting and  lot problem between us i planned to separate from her but she never allow that she never accept my offer my life gone in hell she took my passport and documents everything and hide somewhere in France she won't listen me and she gave me so much torcher then i wrote mail to Indian embassy parries about my situation in 2016 feb they asked me to meet them direct i went there and explained everything i told them issue a new passport to come India but they need detailed FIR in that time my wife issued case againsed me in local police station like violation and theft,police arrested me and after 2 days of enquire  they released me because i done nothing, then i went embassy again and explained everything Indian embassy issued EMMERGENCY CERTIFICATE it is like one way passport then safely i came India in the month march passed some days  both side parents talking so much to covey me to start our life again in France my wife also eager  to live with me she don't like to go for divorce but i am 100 percent sure i don't like to continue my life with her i need to divorce her as soon as possible

My question is how to get divorce in my case 

but we r not done special marriage act just Hindu marriage act even she have only French nationality

i don't know what are the documents produced by her parents at the time of Indian register marriage



 4 Replies

If u have remarried in France and is registered.. U have to file for divorce there too

Kapil Sethi (Director)     27 June 2016

This is simple where you marry and under which law you marry you have to divorce under the same laws. So in my opinion you have to divorce at both the places. It may be time taking but its the safe process to remarry.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 July 2016

If your marriage was registered under Hindu marriages act then you can apply for divorce under the same law.

Mukesh sharma (job )     07 July 2016

Hi Rajganesh as my opnion fi you marirage held in india and with hindu law than you need to file case in india where your marriage will be complete and you file divorse case and if she agree for divorse than you file for mutul divorse 

if your marriage register in french after you go their and you marry their too than you need to file divorse their too acording their law 


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query