Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

oxy (mba)     08 March 2016

Advice for divorce

Hi,

I am seprated from my wife since 2 years 5 months.. i filed for divorce a year back.. and she never took the summons.. i went ahead and for news papers edition .. now finally she came to court.. and the judge just gave a date of next month.. can u tell me what will happen now..

she filed maintance in different court and iam already paying it every month

Learning

5 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by : oxy
Hi,

I am seprated from my wife since 2 years 5 months.. i filed for divorce a year back.. and she never took the summons.. i went ahead and for news papers edition .. now finally she came to court.. and the judge just gave a date of next month.. can u tell me what will happen now..

she filed maintance in different court and iam already paying it every month

Hi Oxy,

Until you are paying her maintenance she will simply postopone using all twisted techniques attending divorce case and prolong divorce case for another 5 years.  stop paying maintneance and make her an offer in lumpsum which she cannot refuse and take divorce  from her. Like this until the day u keep paying maintenance she wont come for settlement.

saravanan s (legal advisor)     08 March 2016

now her part would be heard and the case would go from there.if she hadnt turned out the case would have exparte against her

oxy (mba)     08 March 2016

i realised no matter how guenuine you are .. court wont bothers male petition.. out of 10 dates i attended all and she just came 1 and the judge simply on her favour.. asking her reply back the counter..

jagan sir: how can i stop paying mainatance when the court granted it.. iam paying her 50% of my salary...my advocate says we will go to high court and make it down to 20% with necessary proofs.

ANAMIKA VICHARE (LAWYER)     08 March 2016

Next time, she is supposedt file her written statement, if she does not file, you file an appliaction for proceeding the matter without written statement, you keep thi spaln raedy, if she oes noyt file wrttn sttmnt, you file immdtly this apln...

(Guest)
Originally posted by : oxy
i realised no matter how guenuine you are .. court wont bothers male petition.. out of 10 dates i attended all and she just came 1 and the judge simply on her favour.. asking her reply back the counter..

jagan sir: how can i stop paying mainatance when the court granted it.. iam paying her 50% of my salary...my advocate says we will go to high court and make it down to 20% with necessary proofs.

Hi Oxy,

Good that you realized this fact so early.  Court, lawyers, judges are there to fill their own tummies, that’s all.  Nobody care for common man.  You stop paying, let wife file for execution.

You wait till warrant is issued and then pay some 10% of balance and take time, give change in circumstances application stating that you lost job, give some resignation letter copy to court, saying that you are looking for job and need time to pay alimony, after 3-4 months give new appointment letter copy stating that your salary is 5000 rs only, and ask court to fix alimony on new salary.

No need to go to high court.  It’s a game where your lawyer is joined hands with her lawyer and playing date date game.  You also play like this, don’t tell all this to your lawyer, or else he will tell no no it is unfair etc etc and try to scare you, he will first inform this to your wifes lawyer.  So better ask him to get lost and fight your own case, nothing to worry.  In mean time go for keep and enjoy life, I hope you know how to enjoy life.  Paying alimony and going to court itself is not life.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register