LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rucha Pawar (legal executive)     18 November 2021

Adverse possession

Dear Sir,s 

I have one query ,

If a person encroached on society's space and attached that space to his flat and used and possess it for more than 20 years , can he claim adverse possession of that space. Society has came to know after 23 years of possession and it is uninterrupted possession . Society is threating him to intimate to Municipal corporation and demolish it .

what to do now please guide  .Sir's your guidance has always helped me , 


 1 Replies

Anusha Sharma   19 August 2022

Dear Rucha

On any property there are two types of rights, the right of title and the right of possesion. After 20 years of uninturpted possesion, yes you can claim for the right to the property. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register