LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

leela (engineer)     09 December 2010

adultery

My sister is having  a problem with her husband.For the past  one and half year she seperated from her husband and she is living with us.She parted because my sisters husband cheated on her and he is illegally living with the other lady .rescently he sent divorce notice .He is insisting her for acceptance to his2 maariage .So my sister put a complaint saying he is forcing for the 2 marriage and a case was booked under domestic violence act.Now he is living with that lady in another town .Can we book a case on him/her under brothel act??Is it advisable ??how we can proove that he is guilty ??My sister still wants to live with him .Please suggest what action should be taken|||

Learning

6 Replies

Roshni B.. (For justice and dignity)     09 December 2010

v.sad to hear.

in whose name is the house where your brother inlaw and his k** live?

A V Vishal (Advocate)     09 December 2010

If he is wedded to the other woman then your sister can file a case of bigamy. Since already a case is filed under DV Act it is advisable to pursue the same since that's the only recourse if she wants to co-habit with her husband.

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     09 December 2010

@Leela

This is certainly a made out case against the husband under:

- Cruelity under 498-a

- DV Act

- 494 IPC if he married the other lady

I suggest that you immediately contact a local lawyer and file a complaint with the police station. If you want you can amend the earlier complaint with special application.

//peace

/Saurabh.V

Uma parameswaran (lawyer)     09 December 2010

Civil and criminal case can file against him.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     10 December 2010

Agreed with Vishal.

Gopal Singh ( Advocate)     11 December 2010

Mr. A.V. Vishal,Advocate has rightly advised looking to the facts exposed by Leela.Mr. Leela, you have not disclosed facts  on the bases of which husband of your sister seek divorce.It is bit difficult to prove adultery but don't be hopeless.Each crime can be detacted. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register