LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sumith Kumar Puri (Software Architect )     13 December 2013

Adult Companionship Software / Website

Hello Lawyers Club. I am a Software Architect / Entrepreneur. I was in the Europe for sometime. Please see attachments before you hit reply. Thanks in advance.

I have developed a website which could be the first one such kind in India. This is for adult companionship and adult networking. I followed all international laws, disclaimers and regulations (as are norms on other site). I allowed only 18 and above to enter my site along with other stricter measures. I am an Indian. I have few questions regarding the legal aspects, especially of a web site in India, especially with regards to rules and regulations:

1. Are Adult Companionship Sites, following the attached declared rules legal in India?

2. For Technology Based Product, Website - Lets' say in 'Adult' category - Any additional rules?

3. What legal norms need to be followed before we publicly release such a website?

4. For adult companion profiles registering on the site, Are there any other legal ramifications?

Anything at all, that you would like to share that may even be close to violation of laws, please do let me know. Also, for websites, that may be accessed and used outside of India, What legal standards do we additionally need to follow in this category? The chosen title of the website / product was 'bunnybook'

Best Regards.

Learning

1 Replies

Siddharth (Business)     14 December 2013

Hello, 

A look at legal admissibility 

(1) Adult Dating by definition incites married or unmarried persons into promiscuity and adulterous behaviour. They also become hub for soliciting. 

(2) I assume that you would be hosting it outside India. 

(3) Only legal hurdle for you is, Complaints to DoIT by some woman whose husband used it to wreck married life. In that case, It will be deemed as against section 67 IT ACT and Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act 1956.  

In such circumstances, Domain will be blacklisted. They'll send a request to DNS to seize domain but DNS Registrars hardly pay heed to Indian Government's request. Anything promoting, purporting or even remotely relating to soliciting is not legal in India. There are several Adult Dating websites that promote here but they are International Websites wanting to expand in India, all hosted outside and Indian laws doesn't apply to them. Frequently Govt. blacklist domains. Recently about 1800 domains were blacklisted.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register