Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MOHAMMED PEER (BUSINESS)     18 December 2020

Adoption of teenage girl by uncle and taking her to canada

Hi, My Brother and his wife who stay in Canada would like to adopt my daughter aged 13 years and take her to Canada along with them.  We both the biological parents and the girl agreed to it.  

The girl's all documents like Aadhar, passport, etc contain her biological parent's documents.

Request you to please suggest the way forward to complete the adoption procedure and correction required in her documents, including school certificates.

Looking forward to hearing from the experts here, please.


 6 Replies

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     18 December 2020

Adoption is not recognized under Muslim personal law; Nevertheless you may approach the Court via a petition on this adoption under the Guardians and Wards Act. Get a decree and order from there. Once you got the decree/order you can approach the concerned authority for name correction.

However the adopted child after turning major is free to break all her connection and also do no enjoy right to inherit the property of her adopted parents.

Shashi Dhara   19 December 2020

You can  adopt her thru court permission only so as soon as possible contact local advocate and her adoption in court thru civil law.

P. Venu (Advocate)     19 December 2020

Adoption of a child from a relative by another relative, irrespective of their religion is possible under the provisions of Chapter VIII of Juvenile Justice Act. 

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Lawyer)     21 December 2020

I endorse the expert opinion and advise of Mr. P Venu.

MOHAMMED PEER (BUSINESS)     22 December 2020

Thanks for the openion.

MOHAMMED PEER (BUSINESS)     27 January 2021


Thanks for the reply, its very informative.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query