LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

balwant singh (student)     28 July 2011

Adoption by unwed woman

Respected sir ,    m adopted son of an unmarried woman (60yrs) she is legally my mother . i got my passport with her name on the base of my court's decree ...  in that decree sheet i am declared to be the adopted son of this unmarried woman and  for all purposes with effect from today and all my  ties with my natural father mother shall be deemed to be severed and replaced by those created by the adoption in the adoptive family . further , i am at liberty to changemy records/certificates accordingly.

so .. m now legally the adoptive son of my unmarried mother .. and with the help of this decree from court i got passsport also with the name of my adoptive mother .

bt sir now the problem is this .. either i cn get my birth certificate with my natural father mother's name or i cn get birth certificate also with my adoptive mother's name and if yes then what will be the father's name in my birth certificate ?

sir plzz reply me as soon as possible for this i will be very thankful to you .   

                                                                                                                                       Balwant Singh


 3 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     28 July 2011

No change can be made in the birth certificate. Her relation with you is by way of adoption, birth certificate contains the name of the natural parents (biological parents).

Advocate Rajkumarlaxman (Advocacy)     29 July 2011

I agree with Adv. Archana. Some things remain intact even if you change by use of law.

balwant singh (student)     29 July 2011

bt what cn i do sir/mam my city birth registrar saying ... they give adoptive parents name in the birth certificate as father mother ... bt they r saying ur problem is this that u r adopted by an unmarried lady and what will be the father name ?


   bt sir/mam i saw little abt single parents act according to this she is my only parents n thats y i got passport also jst with the name of my unmarried adoptive mother.


bt now how should i solve this birth certificate problem ? sir/mam plz guied me ... i will be very thankful to you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register