LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shweta Sharma (Practicing Advocate)     16 March 2015

Adoption by a christian step father.

What needs to be done if Christian Male wishes to adopt two daughters of his wife from her earlier marriage. The Daughters are Hindu and are above 7 years of age.
If a surrender deed needs to be executed by the biological father of the two girls or just an application under JJ Act needs to be preferred to the Distt. Judge on behalf of the Adoptive Father and the consent of the two girls would suffice.

Learning

2 Replies

Anand Bali Adv. (Advocate Solicitor & Consultant)     19 March 2015

Dear Client,

In adoption the age of the person who adopts the daughter is also to be considered as there should minimum be a 22 years of age gap between the two.

In adoption ceremony only the existing guardian has to give  her daughters to the person who adopts them as his own daughters here the giving and taking is must otherwise the adoption is not complete. many times in the deed of adoption some property is also attached to the name of the adopted son/daughter to secure their future.

Once a adoption ceremony is done it can not be withdrawn under the maxim of once adopted is for ever adopted and the adopted person can not be disowned from the properties of the person who adopts.

For further legal assistance on nominal charges, you can contact me on below mentioned address and Phone number, Please call after Court hrs to get a suitable appointment date and timing.

Advise, always take assistance from an experienced and well educated Advocate of the field. You can see my credentials on this very site for my appraisal.

for Anand Bali & Associates

Anand Bali, Adv.
(B.Com., M.A., LL.B., M.B.A.)
Supreme Court Of India,
High Courts of Delhi, Chandigarh, UP & UK.
For Civil, Criminal, Property, Recovery, Consumer,
Service, Divorce & Family Dispute matters. Ph; 9582144748

Shweta Sharma (Practicing Advocate)     22 March 2015

Sir, the query is about the procedure for Adoption by a Christian male of his step daughters and not about adoption under HAMA.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register