LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashutosh Mishra (Passenger Services agent)     25 November 2012


Dear All ,

I am living in delhi india , I married to a divorcy girl who is a mother of a boy of 6 years old in her divorce decree the custody is with mother only ,i would like to give my name as father . plz tell me the legal procedure how i will change his fathers name.


 2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     26 November 2012

Adopt the boy as your son

prakharved (Medical officer)     11 June 2013



There needs to be adequate documentation of the adoption of the boy by the stepfather. Make sure all these legal procedures are done. The name of step father may only then be written as the father 's name. 

Check for consultation with a Lawyer to get exact information. A good source for legal solutions is www. lawkonect.com. You can have all the work get done by the lawyer.

Just post your query online in very simple words and you will get a detailed response to your question by seasoned lawyers as per your requirement.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register