LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Singha Rao (Engineer)     14 July 2013

Adopting child

Hi all, If some body's wife is not staying with him, and they have a case proceeding for long time. Now as these matrimony cases run for very long time, so he is planning to search one more girl as a living together.. In case still such case run for very very long time with his previous wife, then can she adopt a child (by the name of his live together partner).. Please suggest me on this..


 3 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     14 July 2013

No,legally he can not adopt any child until he get the decree of divorce.


Singha Rao (Engineer)     14 July 2013

Dear Goyal Sir,

In such case the men can not adopt but, a single lady can adopt or not? and that single lady will be the livein partner of a person..

Because when I read some rule of India for adoptation that a single lady can adopt a child.. is it true?

In such case can some body adopt a child of their own interest?

If wife is not cooperaing and  their case is pending at court, then can a person seek permission through court (and to his wife) toadopt a child when is divorce case in under progress...

Can you suggest on this?


Adv. Chandrasekhar (Advocate)     14 July 2013

Neither wife nor husband is legally competent to adopt a child without the consent of the other spouse, when their divorce case is pending in the court of law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register