Hello all,

One of my client received notice from ROF ( Partnership Firm) that they have to made adjudication of partership deed from collector of stamp.

Please let me know what is adjudication and what is the procedure for the same.



Collector of Stamps for each District has power to decide the amount of stamp duty for a particular document.  This is nothing but adjudication.  For that purpose, you will have to fill up a prescribed form and attach the document for which the stamp duty is required to be fixed, and file it to the Collector Office.  In your case, you will have to attach your partnership deed in original with the form.  Collector will decide whether the stamp duty already affixed by you is correct or not.    If there is any deficit, you will be asked to affix the additional stamp duty.  Thereafter, Collector will put his remarks that stamp duty affixed is correct and the document to be registered with his stamp and signature.  Thereafter, ROF will register the document.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Muslim Personal Law     |    x