LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pradeep   01 November 2016

Adjournment cost

In case for TI  udner O 39 R1&2 and Special Relief Act Section 37(1&2) . I am representing party in person. The defendants are seeking repeated adjournments and are not coming forth for say on TI applciation nor submitting WS. I moved application under section 35B CPC for adjournment cost of Rs 25000/- per day and submitted documents of my daily earnings and transport cost to substantiate the claim of such cost. The  court granted a measly sum of Rs 1000./- and obviously I am aggrieved with such order. What is remedy for me to redress my grievances in this regard . Whereto I should apply for revision or any other remedy ?

Learning

6 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     01 November 2016

Pradeep what is opinion of your counsel?

Sir, no counsel. I am pleading myself. My idea is to do  something reformatory by pleading for truly realistic and restitutive adjournment cost. 'Adjournment' as a famous legal luminary has said --- a 'cancer' that is eroding our judicial delevery sytem . And all , including litigants , must contribute to purge this menace.

It is not lsited amongst appealable orders. can I go for revision application in High court. What other course to ensure that judiciary applies mind to this problem.

(Guest)
Exorbitant costs? Don't you know Indian law stingy? But not stingy wrt providing relief to women. Sad, ur man. You can't ask 25000 per day. Court won't give also. Change of laws required, I heard first time in 1980. 2000, I myself was singing same tune. 2016, still singing same tune. Who is listening???

(Guest)
You can join me in singing same tune.. Lol

What about writ of mandamus under article 226?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register