LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rockytalwar (self business)     07 December 2016

Address proof for mutual consent divorce

Me and wife are applying for mutual consent divorce.

I have pan card for identity proof.

I have ration card to submit as address proof. Can i use ration card as adress proof for filing mutual consent divorce? I have aadhar card but address on it is on a different place so cannot use aadhar card.

i have proof of gas connection but it is on my fathers name. can i use the gas connection card which is on father name as address proof?

Kindly suggest.

Rocky Talwar


 4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     07 December 2016

you can submit any cards as you said for proof of address only. 

Alok Motan (Advocate)     08 December 2016

brother pls also specify the territorial jurisdiction part, which you have mentioned in your petition, that where the parties have lastly resided together as husband and wife. Usually in Mutual Divorce petition, Court asks for proof of last resided address (as husband and wife), which you might have mentioned in your petition under jurisdiction para.

However, any of your Photo ID proof is valid. If the ration card is in the name of your father, there could be a problem. Court needs your own ID proof. You can take a chance however, and apply for AAdhar Card and file the reciept of that in the meanwhile.

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     08 December 2016

I agree with my brother Ramachary Advocate

Mukesh sharma (job )     09 December 2016

Hi you submit any oe of them as your address proof 


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads