LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harsha Vardhana R (Project Manager)     22 June 2014

Address proof for a new residence - what are the options?

Dear Experts,

I am a resident of Bangalore, Karnataka. Recently I have changed my rented residence. I have signed a rental agreement with the owner. It is on a stamp-paper (stamp duty paid through e-payment) and non-notarized.

I have my permanent residential address (based on Aadhaar Card) in other place. I have my voter's card and passport in the address of my previous residence (Bangalore).

I have been able to change address for communication for my bank account (private and non-nationilzed) as it was a long held account. I have been able to get a transfer of my BSNL landline too (based on my current rental agreement). So I would soon get my bank account statement (private) and BSNL bill for new address.

For many organizations (financial and government), I need to provide an address proof. Please note that currently I am unemployed and a company issuing an address proof is not possible.

What are the ways to get an official address proof?

Please advise.

Harsha Vardhana R


 6 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 June 2014

Please visit post office near your present residence.  They have this service of giving certificate of residence on charging nominal fee.  That card can be used as proof of residence legally for all formalities.

1 Like

Harsha Vardhana R (Project Manager)     23 June 2014

Thank you very much Mr. Prasad. Your suggestion is very valuable. In fact, hardly anyone is aware of such facility!



Harsha Vardhana R

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     23 June 2014

Any person who visits post office, can read the display of such posters in each PO.  Any one who wants more details can search in India post website.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 June 2014

Yes, you can try this option which will be more feasible than any other method to intimate your address (change) to others authentically.

1 Like

Harsha Vardhana R (Project Manager)     26 June 2014

I searched on the net and got the link for form download.




Thanks for all the clues.



Harsha Vardhana R

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 June 2014

This form can be obtained from the GPO itself, have you tried it?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register