Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Karan (NA)     28 July 2012

Address of wife

My wife is working in another city.

Now I like to file divorce. But I dont know her new address as she have moved to another new company .

How I can proceed ? What is rules on address change which can not be easily tracked by petitioner ?

I need her adfdress in petiotion to file so that it reaches her




 4 Replies

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     28 July 2012

Now I like to file divorce. ------ u may LIKE to file. --------- would u also LIKE to FIGHT ?? ------- start building STAMINA.

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     29 July 2012

''wife is working in another city'' is no Ground for filing divorce. ur petition will not be admitted merely on this ground.

Amit (NA)     29 July 2012


I don't know why you presumed that living in other city is the author's reason for divorce. The reasons were not mentioned. He wants to send the notice and he doesn't know her address.


You have to send it to her last known address. You can also send to her parent's address. There are ways of finding her address but that requires good details about your case but I guess all that is not necessary.

You might also wish to add "desertion" also as one of the grounds for divorce since she did not tell you where she left.

1 Like

Mohankumar (engineer)     30 July 2012

@karan dear friend, build your stamina bfor u file divorce. Its going to be worst part of ur life. So beware....

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads