LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Audry Fernandes (nil)     20 July 2010

Addition of name in CHS share certificate

A flat in our society was in joint names of Husband & wife. The Wife recently expired and the husband wants to add his son's name on the share certificate.He has only one son.

Can he do this or is stamp duty etc involved.


 4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     20 July 2010

Just file a vardi before the concerned City Survey Officer to enter his son's name.

1 Like

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     20 July 2010

If it is a CHS, he can be made an Associate Member. Just fill in the form that society will give you. I think you have to pay Rs.100 as fee,

1 Like

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     22 July 2010

Yes, Society add your Son's name as per rules and regulation of Society.

1 Like

Audry Fernandes (nil)     31 July 2010

Thank you all. My computer was not working and hence this laqte response.

Mr. Anil Agarwal - the gentleman does not want to make his son an associate member but a joint member holding equal rights.

He was the secretary about 20-30 years ago. The flat was originally in his name. About 20 years back he added his wife's name on the share certificate (after passing it in the committee meeting.) Was that legal?

Now he wants his son's name to be added since his wife has expired. I thought that if done before death, stamp duty is payable His wife has not left any nomination..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query