25% OFF on all LCI Courses. Offer valid till 5th Oct. Use Code: DUS25
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MonuDeepPune (Service)     12 August 2009

Adding wife name to my flat

I have a flat registered on my name. How can I add my wife name? what is the minimum cost of doing it and what is the procedure? Is it very complex process? Do I need to re-register?


 3 Replies

aruntrivedi (lawyer)     12 August 2009

No no re-registration. Only make an application to Society/association to enter her name as co-owner as your wife. Similarly if it is within municipal area you to fill in form with sufficient proof if it is with city survey then also you have to fill in one form and if it is with revenue authority i.e. village talati same procedure. There would be nominal charges at Society/association and at all other places no fees are there.

sanjeev murthy desai (Advocate)     12 August 2009

Dear Jaideep,

You should have to transfer the 1/2 share to your wife through the sale/gift/release and etc otherwise she cannot consider as a co-owener. 

sanjeev desai



1 Like

MonuDeepPune (Service)     12 August 2009

Do we know the cost involved?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query