Adding name in property


My inlaws have purchased flat before our marriage and that time for ease in future they added my husbands name in property. Now my inlaws are ready to add my name in flat. Can they do so without my husbands consent? In one flat mother in laws name is first and second my husband and in second flat my husbands name first and then mother in law. Money for flat is paid by mother in law. Husband paid only 1 lakh rupees in second flat.

and if its not possible to add my name without his consent what are other options by which inlaws can add my name? either will or gift deed or anything else?










Lawyer at Supreme Court of India



Since husband is the 50% owner of both the properties, a settlement deed is to be prepared and mutation is to be done and your name be added.


Warm Regards

Kapil Chandna Advocate



Thanks sir. 

But for this my husbands consent is required isn't it? can mother in law give her share in property to me by gift deed or will and whether for that my husbands consent is needed? as he wont agree to do property in my name or make nominee.





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x