LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

abhijit (student)     10 March 2010

add surname in passport

My name is Dheeraj Kumar.I want to fill up surname in my passport form.But I dont have surname in 10 and 12 certificate my name is written as dheeraj kumar.My surname is Saluja So What should I do to add surname in passport.

Or If I write Kumar as my surname Will it creae problem for me in the future.

PLEASE REPLY ..............

THANKS............

Learning

4 Replies

A V Vishal (Advocate)     10 March 2010

Change in Name/Deed Poll/Sworn Affidavit

SPECIMEN AFFIDAVIT FOR CHANGE IN NAME/DEED POLL/SWORN AFFIDAVIT
(On Non-judicial stamp paper)

By this deed I, the undersigned.................................................. (New Name) previously called ............................................................. (old name) , doing  ........................................ (give profession or vocation) and resident of  ............................ (address) solemnly declare:-

1. That for and on behalf of Myself and My wife and children and remitter issue wholly renounce/relinquish and abandon the use of my former name/ surname of ................... and  in  place thereof I do hereby assume from this date the name/surname ................. and so that I and my wife and children remitter issue may hereafter be called, known and distinguished not by my former name/surname. but by assumed name/surname of   .....................................

2. That for the purpose of evidencing such my determination declare that I shall at all times hereafter in all records, deeds and writings and in all preceedings, dealings and transactions, private as well as upon all occassions what-so-ever use and sign the name of ..................... as my name/surname in place and in substitution of my former name /surname.

3. That I expressly authorize and request all persons  in  general and  relatives and friends in particular, at all times hereafter to designate and address me, my wife, my children. remitter issue by such assumed name/surname of .......................................... accordingly.

4. In witness whereof I have here unto subscribed my former and adopted name/ surname of .............................................................. and ............................... affix my signature and seal. if any, this ............................ day of ...............................

Date ........................

Signed sealed and delivered by the above name
Former name ...................................................

In the presence of   .............................................  

Name     .....................................
Address ......................................

Name
Address

(This deed poll/affidavit may be signed and attested in presence of a Magistrate/Notary or Consular Officer in an Indian mission abroad)

Note:
In case of change of name, applicant should insert advertisements in two reputed newspapers (one local newspaper of the area in which he/she is residing and 2nd in Newspaper of the area of permanent address) and submit original newspapers at time of applying for passport in his/her new name.

This affidavit should be modified according to what is applicable in your case and submitted along with the Passport Application Form.

Adv. karinamishra (-)     10 March 2010

The public sector companies is not fulfiling the vacancies of Ex-serviceman as per GR . I want to serve them notice on the said subject. what is the format of notice? Plz send me the speciman.  

Pavan (not working)     10 March 2010

Dear Dheeraj,

I came accross to this problem when I applied for passport.  You can go to a Notary and change your name with your fullname including surname.  Get a copy of that, and give advertisement in newspaper, 1 in English paper and 1 in your regional news paper.   And attach those newspapers with your application.  That will be done.

Deepak (Student)     14 September 2014

Hi,

My name is Deepak and I was born in 1992. I am looking to apply new Passport for me with my full name "Deepak Munjal" but I have only first name mentioned in the Birth Certificate(DOB Proof) and only first name mentioned in the Aadhaar Card( Address Proof).
However, I have FULL name mentioned in my 10th Marksheet (NECR Proof).

Can you please let me know if I need the Affidavit for name change with advertisement in the news papers. Please let me know if we can have any other issue at the time of interview at PSK or in case any other document required.
Please let me know asap. Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Deepak

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register