New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Montu (law student)     02 April 2014

Add my surname with my wife's name on my marriage certificat

Hello sir my name is Ritik Setia
my wife's name is Aisha Setia

Actually today i Registered my Marriage at Suwidha Center in Patiala

But at the time of filling online form , the madam sitting there told me that the name of my wife will appear "Aisha" only on marriage certificate, not "Aisha Setia", (in all her proofs she has this name "Aisha" )

as i have given all the needful proof of our marriage , like Marriage Certificate of Gurudawara Sahib, Marriage Photographs, Witness,ID Proofs,Marriage Card,

But still she said that the name of my wife will come "Aisha" on my marriage certificate , not "Aisha Setia"

But sir i really need my wife's name "Aisha Setia" on my Marriage Certificate, because it will become helpful for me for making her new ID  Proofs on the name of "Aisha Setia" not "Aisha"

and for embassy purpose the Last name is also needed.

Sir please tell me what should i do so that my wife's name come "Aisha Setia" on my Marriage Certificate


 3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     02 April 2014

Submit a representation to the Registrar of Marriage, if the registrar do not rectify  next authority is the District Magistrate, otherwise file a suit for declaration in civil court of jurisdiction.

Nishant (BDE)     02 April 2014

Need Free On-call Legal Advice. Just give a missed call on 08010201301(toll free) or visit

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     02 April 2014

You may follow the valuable advise rendered by learned expert Dr. Vashista in this regard.  Why is the officer denying your claim in respect of the name to be recorded as per the proven name?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register