Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     25 December 2008

Action / procdure against a accused who jumped bail.

An Indian holding foreign passport ( NRI ) ., was cought & arrested smuglling gold about twenty years back at Mumbai air port. He was produced before court and got bail against cash security. After release on bail the concerened accused jumped bail and returned to the host country probably getting a duplicate passport from the emabassy pleading its loss.. Now after twenty years the accused started visiting India again regularly and even pruchased imovable property here thereafter. How such accused can be brought before the due process of law so that the concerened accused is compelled to face the prosecution.

Learning

5 Replies

PALNITKAR V.V. (Lawyer)     25 December 2008

If he is visiting India and purchases property, it means that his whereabouts are known. A warrant can be obtained for his arrest and he can be brought before court.

GOPAL SINGH SAINI (ADVOCATE)     26 December 2008

R/Sir

A warrent can be obtained for his arrest by the I.O and he can be brought before court and proceeding reopened  in the court against him.

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     27 December 2008

Verify sir whether he is declared as an absconder by the court. If so any citizen can bring arrest him. Or any police with out warrent can arrest him.

Srinivas.B.S.S.T ( Advocate)     27 December 2008

Suresh Ji. I think you mean to say he was declared as 'proclaimed offender' isnt it? Cuz in that case only any citizen can arrest him. Please correct me if I am wrong. 

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     27 December 2008

Mr. Suresh and Mr. Srinivas are quite right in their respective observation....moreover if u ve the details then go ahead to inform the authorities in this regard.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register