LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jailani (Finance analyst)     28 April 2011

Acquitted in Falsed 498a and 304B.

I got aquital and received the judgment also. Is there any way can i file a damage or compensation case against my in laws and state also for the false dowry harassment 498A and death case 304B. 

I went on many mental stain and stress due to this false case after the death of my wife  from that same day night to aquital i faced many problems due to my in laws and police also.

Can i have a  resolution for these..? Is there a way can i sue my in laws for their false dowry death case on me..?

Please suggest..?


 17 Replies

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     28 April 2011

you can always prosecute them for false prosecution and can also claim damages.

mangal (advocate)     16 May 2011

you can prosecut them for defamation and claim for damage.i suggest you must do. all the best

Nick (system analyst)     10 July 2011

Hi, i am going thru the same face of life for 2 years as of now with same case history.I need ur help.If you are ready for that please PM me.

Dear jailani You may claim compensation in court.



You may claim compensation and file case under section 182,177193,211,120B IPC.  for defamation & damegs.

Sajeev Menon (Legal Consultant Dubai 00971 508836442)     10 July 2011

Dear Jalani,


You can approach Civil as well as Criminal court for the redressal. Suit for Damages caused for your reputaion, mental agony,etc. 

Saurabh..V (Law Consultant)     11 July 2011



You have relief available in Civil as well as Criminal courts.


You could choose any of these




shaik abdul (tl)     21 July 2011

Use section 182 and 211

shaik abdul (tl)     21 July 2011

refer this to fine relevent sections you can use against your enemy https://www.vakilbabu.com/laws/Classify/Classify.htm

THANKACHAN V P (Advocate & Notary)     21 July 2011

A person need not  win suit for damges or defamation only because he is aquitted in a criminal case.An accused can be aquitted on several grounds. Therefore it is not safe give an  opinion without going through the judgement.

a.b.natraj (inicitar)     29 January 2012


Hi Friends,

I seek your help in this matter.

1) If a person has been acquitted in any criminal case and wants to lodge a complaint under section 182 IPC against the complainant. What are the options with him.

2) What if the police is not ready to file the case u/s 182 IPC against the complainant?

3) How and under which section can the person approch the court to get justice for himself.

4) how to file a complaint as per s182 of ipc can we give in our complaint to book under s182 or the decision rests with the police or should the judge direct the police can anyone please suggest and advise


Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     30 January 2012

Yes, you can file for damages due to malicious prosecution.





Shonee Kapoor




you may file application  u/s 156(3) Cr.Pc before Magistrate. 

But Police will not give report on your side. He will produce report against you and take protection as worked under justified by law.

BEST option is : file complaint case u/s 200 Cr.Pc.

you may procecute complaint against accused u/s 182 & 211 IPC.

For section details: See Cr.pc & IPC

if needs any clarification- contact


Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     31 January 2012

In both these sections private complaints are not maintainable.





Shonee Kapoor


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register