LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pallavi (student)     03 April 2011

Acquisition of Adivasi Land

my parents are thinking about a land which belongs to an adivasi...

he is in need of money and so wants tpo sell it to us...

but i want to know if it is possible to transfer that land in my fthers name... please guide me on this issue because i dont want my parents to get in to trouble.... plz plz plz reply fast na



 10 Replies

Atul R Rumale (legal consultant)     04 April 2011

You have not mentioned where the property is situated. with this one can not guid to you

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     05 April 2011

It all depends on the local tenancy laws, whether it permits a advasi to sell their land to non-adivasi or not, and other terms and condition. 

Since anything which is not permitted is prohibited.

Your land may later land u in big trouble.

Parveen Kr. Aggarwal (Advocate)     07 April 2011

If the land is situated where the Chota Nagpur Tenancy Act, 1908 applies and the land is raiyat or bhuinari land, it cannot be transferred to a non-tribal.

Pallavi (student)     08 April 2011

the land is located in raigad dist. khalapur taluka.....

have you ever heard of the morbe dam... its just besides that.....

Bhartiya No. 1 (Nationalist)     08 April 2011

In most of the area of this country, there is restriction in purchasing Adivasi land, It at all u r willing to purchase then better consult with more than one good civil lawyer, who is having the perfect knowledge of local tenancy laws. 

It is very risky.

Atul R Rumale (legal consultant)     09 April 2011

As per your information you are interested to purchase a land at Khalapur Distt- Raigad. 

Here Maharashtra Land Revenue Code of 1966 is made applicable. You have to seek permission for Hon'ble District Collector U/s- 36 & 36 A of the said code. you may contact to any local advocate for that purpose.

Good Night. 

Saurabh Bhatt (Field Officer)     24 August 2011

Hi You can very well legaly transfer it on your fathers name  and allotment will be by Collectors order .

fpr further help you can contact me on




2 Like

Parag Gudhka (Articleship)     29 January 2012

what about any adivasi land situaed in and around nagpur?

ad kasera (a)     24 May 2012

i want to take on lease an agriculture land of an adivasi for a substantial period of time. i request to suggest me on the matter, and relevent possible tenure for lease.

Prasad   29 December 2018

Sir I want to purchase adiwasi land for poultry purpose? Can I buy?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register