LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

suryagaurav (manager)     11 November 2008

acknowledgment for cheques deposit refused

Chances are there that if they lose a cheque and one will be Helpless as he is not having proof

Learning

6 Replies

suryagaurav (manager)     11 November 2008

By mistake only a little portion of query was posted,

my Bank is denying to provide proper acknowledgment for the cheques I deposit with them in my account,they insist it to de dropped in drop box only, as I have lost a cheque already I requested them and reminded them of RBI guidelines but they are not giving gavour to my words,I have mailed the all matter to their HO, and Circle office in delhi.What shud be my next step,plz guide me,It is canara bank,rohini,Delhi

prof s c pratihar (medical practitioner &legal studies)     11 November 2008

pls meet with the br manager,tell him you need receipt of deposit.tender a/c payee cheque.disobey may cause deficiency of service.icici bank always insists me to put in drop box and i do as stated.

SRINIVASA MURTHY L. K. (ADVOCATE)     11 November 2008

The Bank has the option either to put the cheques in the box or give ack. for the cheque, which ever you prefer -- in order to avoid the time consumed in giving cheque the system is adopted.  There is o rule governing u have to put the chques only in the Box and that they will not give the ack for the cheque.  R B I regulations will not say that ack. should not be given for the chque.  please check with the Bank

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     12 November 2008

Dear surya, Give in writing if they neglct approach the Consumer Forum.

suryagaurav (manager)     15 November 2008

Dear friends thanx for contributing  in the matter,

But ,I have mailed already to their Head Office and Regional office but after passing of one month no action is initiated for amending the cheque receiving procedure

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     01 January 2009

Mr. K. C. Suresh's opinion is very gud & helpful.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register