FLAT 20% OFF and 3-Months ADDED Validity on All Courses Absolutely FREE! Enroll Now Use Code: INDIA20
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harish Chauhan   03 August 2021

Accidentally filed motor vehicle tax

Dear sir / ma'am I had accidentally filed a commercial motor vehicle tax of an amount 4500 rupees from my personal savings account to Regional Transport Authority , Gurugram.. Through website www.parivahan.gov.in , Actually I was submitting tax for my friend's Truck because he doesn't has knowledge of internet, But I Accidentally paid the amount to another unknown owner of truck ,This happened due to worst facilities services in Gurugram RTA that any one can pay motor tax of any vehicle without knowing chassis Number / engine no of that vehicle by Registration no any one can pay tax of vehicle ..As filed online grievances to RTA Gurugram official said we will refund to actual truck owner or your friend, I said the amount was debited from my saving account and I don't know the owner of truck which I had paid accidentally.As per legally Amount should be credited to that account only from which account it has been debited.
Please let me know your opinion who is right ful to get money
1. Me , Because amount was debited from my personal saving account
2. My friend who don't have internet knowledge.


 2 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 August 2021

Discuss the issue with concerned RTA for refund.

However, it is not a legal query to be considered and obliged by experts on this platform.

Harish Chauhan   05 August 2021

Thanks  for replying , I lost the amount 4420 rupees from my saving Account and RTA Gurugram is non refund yet after visiting there 2 times , As All aware from the behaviour of public Authority..RTA Gurugram found negligence to attend me ,I am thinking to file an complaint to Magistrate's  court , But how did you consider it is not legal query ..??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query