LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

raghav   29 June 2016

Accident claim

Hi, I had an accident some time back and it was serious injury. As a result the one who hit me was taken to police 4 months after the accident , and we are planning to claim his vehicle insurance for the amount which I lost in terms of surgery medical cost and loss of salary which I got etc.

Now the lawyer is on the process to move the case forward, but so far, even after 1 month after calling the guy who was responsible for the accident to police station, the lawyer still says charge sheet is yet to be filed.

My question is , Is something actually happening in back ground or not?

Does it actually take one month just to file charge sheet.

If so, may I also know how the case will proceed, till the end and how long will it take for me to get the money and also how much can I claim . I lost lot of amoutn in surgery and also 4 month salary I lost.

Kindly help.

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)
Sir Charge sheet is filed only after proper investigation.U r frm,which State...Balachander Reddy advocate

(Guest)
Charge sheet need to be filed within,30 days

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     30 June 2016

Sorry, the query is confusing me.

Civil and criminal cases are different.

You can get compensation from insurance company, only if you a file a suit or consumer complaint against the insurance company.

Criminal case is different, and you are not eligible to claim any compensation and at the most the accused may get punishment, which is not going to fetch you anything, unless the owner agrees to compromise with you and insist for withdrawal of criminal case as condition.  May be your advocate is expecting that there are still chances of compromise..  About Police filing charge sheet one can not say any thing, and even you can file private complaint and then seek directions of court for filing Charge sheet at the earliest.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register