LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mehulraj (Engineer)     28 April 2013

Accident case of 2008


I need little help here. I had met with an accident in chennai in 2008 and during my hospitalisation I have been referred to one of the practicing advocate by police. After my recovery I have been asking my lawyer about the case progress and every time he asks me one or two more month of time to put case forward. Actually I am working abroad so during leave he says we need to deal with case.

Now I am at home on leave from last november and in november he said he will finish case in one or two months. its been almost 6 months now. I am not sure whats happening.

I doubt him now. So how do I know that he has actually filed that case or he is just playing with insurance company. he might have received some money from them..

I hope you understand my question. and help me in this regard.

Thanking you in anticipation of getting positive reply.


 5 Replies

MohammedRaffiq Bijapur (Advocate)     28 April 2013

Get checked the Case register kept in District court for the year 2008 to till today. Even you can ask the same under RTI.

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/     28 April 2013

agree with expert, this is the best option.

Mehulraj (Engineer)     28 April 2013

thx for the reply..I spoke to him today and asked me case number and case file too...and I will follow your advice..

can you suggest how the case will proceed..

I mean any chance of out of court settlement and how much I can expect if I decide to go for out of court settlement

MohammedRaffiq Bijapur (Advocate)     28 April 2013


If case is registered then ok follow instructions of ur advocate. If not u collect FIR & Complaint, Medical Bills and other relevant documents and approach theinsurance company of offending vehicle and negotiate the claim amount. Better approach with advocate.

rajesh tamil (technical)     28 April 2013

yes the expert answer is correct. ask the number of the fil case & which court?  get the FIR copy  from the police station.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register