LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashu (vedio editor operator and anchor)     11 November 2019

Accident case

Today around 12:13am A car bearing number (Ts uc 0166) rammed in my activa. The driver was drunk with his friend (Drunk too). I, my nephew(7years) and my friend fell down very badly and my left foot ankle got injured and was bleeding badly! And the other two got some injuries. I immediately call 100 to report the accident, it took them 25mins to reach the spot! We went to Ps and they sent us to nearby hospital (ALONE, None from PS came withus) to get treatment for the injuries (Reached hospital around 1:45) and I got two stitches and others got medicines. We went back to PS to lodge FIR (at 3:10am), but they refused to add up "DRUNK AND DRIVE PART" in the FIR! I insisted many times but they didn't add that. Because the driver and the owner of the car was known to them. then I refused to sign and went out saying I will come in the morning and called 100 to take neccessary action for this violation. Now let me know what to do if they resfused to accept that the driver was drunk? I have witnesses and also it can be seen in PS footage. I work for a news channel. (This will definitely help me but I need Your expertised opinions and suggestions) Kindly revert soon! Thanks!

Learning

6 Replies

Sb Karma   11 November 2019

Originally posted by : Ashu
Today around 12:13am A car bearing number (Ts uc 0166) rammed in my activa. The driver was drunk with his friend (Drunk too). I, my nephew(7years) and my friend fell down very badly and my left foot ankle got injured and was bleeding badly! And the other two got some injuries. I immediately call 100 to report the accident, it took them 25mins to reach the spot! We went to Ps and they sent us to nearby hospital (ALONE, None from PS came withus) to get treatment for the injuries (Reached hospital around 1:45) and I got two stitches and others got medicines. We went back to PS to lodge FIR (at 3:10am), but they refused to add up "DRUNK AND DRIVE PART" in the FIR! I insisted many times but they didn't add that. Because the driver and the owner of the car was known to them. then I refused to sign and went out saying I will come in the morning and called 100 to take neccessary action for this violation. Now let me know what to do if they resfused to accept that the driver was drunk? I have witnesses and also it can be seen in PS footage. I work for a news channel. (This will definitely help me but I need Your expertised opinions and suggestions) Kindly revert soon! Thanks!

Media is a great pressure unit for this type of act by police

if you r in media broadcast it,and yes you can file to commisioner directly instead of police station go to commisioner office directly and file report with wittness proof.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     11 November 2019

But, you must have insisted that the driver should also come to the hospital for undergoing the tests and it should have been documentary evidence of medical report.  They can say anything now that the driver is not drunk as per the tests conducted by them.  (100 is not equipped with that blow apparatus).  Once you make the complaint in writing then and there, lodgment is their responsibility by examining the accused then and there.    In almost all such cases, if some pressures are brought against victims, there is a compromise as no common man wishes to make rounds to courts and police station, and they curse their fate for such accidents.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     11 November 2019

You are the BOSS ; being from media...make it SANSANI  and fire the news...tweet your worry and tag the concerned police department.....make it viral.....let them lick your wounds..........

ravikant. kotwal.   11 November 2019

what is difference between common intention and common object

srinu rokkam   11 November 2019

GIVE THE FIR AT POLICE STATION AND REQUEST THEM TO REGISTER THE SAME. YOU SEND COPIES OF THE FIR TO THE SP OF POLICE, ACTUALLY YOUR INJURIES ARE NOT GREVIOUS NATURE. YOU ARE SAYING ABOUT CC FOOTAGE OF POLICE STATION. THAT MEANS THE DRIV
ER AND HIS ACCOMPANY ALSO ATTENDED THE POLICE STATION. IF YOU STRESS ON THIS POINT OF CC FOOTAGE THEY MAY ACCEPT YOUR FIR.
IF NOT, LATER YOU GO TO THE MAGISTRATE COURT OF THAT AREA AND FILE A COMPLAINT CASE AGAINST THE ACCUSED WHEREIN YOU CAN MENTION REGARDING THE DRUNK AND DRIVE AND CC FOOTAGE. AFTER 202 ENQUIRY THE COURT MAY SEND THE FILE TO PROPER INVESTIGATION TO THE POLICE AND AFTER INVESTIGATION THE POLICE MAY ADD THE DRUNK AND DRIVE. OTHERWISE THEY HAVE TO GIVE EXPLANATION.

THANGADURAI (Proprietor)     11 November 2019

You can file the complaint online describing the real happenings. If you had noted down the other vehicle's registration number, it would have been better. You can file a private complaint against the police to the magistrate through an advocate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register