Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Obeth Sowwndarajan   04 July 2018

Accident Case

Hi Team,

We lost my dad during an accident happened in 2014, it's been 4 years now and there was no appearing from the opponent party.
posting has been done already still there was no response.
would like to know whether we have to wait for the opponent party to appear for more years?
does the court doesn't have power to close / complete the case??
Please let me know the process and how this works.

Thanks,
Obeth S

Learning

6 Replies

Raghav Arora   04 July 2018

Hi! Thanks for the question!

The court has the power to conclude a case in the absence of a defendant if it is ascertained that the defendant has absconded and the prospects of arresting him in near future are bleek. This is called 'trial in absentia'.The court will then just examine the witnesses and evidence produced by you and if proven guilty shall be awarded with punishment and arrest warrent shall be metted out. In your case it has already been years and you shoud file an application in the court to request disposal of the case in your favor if the evidences and documents are good to prove the same against the defendant.

Good Luck! 

1 Like

Obeth Sowwndarajan   04 July 2018

Thanks, Appreciate your response. Post disposal of case, will they file any consent?

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     05 July 2018

is it Motor Accidents claim or criminal case u/s 304A  IPC?

Obeth Sowwndarajan   06 July 2018

Petition U/S 140,142&166 of MV Act 1988 Under particulars 9th column it has mentioned U/S.279 & 304 (A) of I.P.C

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     06 July 2018

unless the summons are served on all the parties, the case will not be moved further. Pl see that summons are served to all the parties as early as possible. If the party refuses to receive the summons, the Tribunal will set him exparte and post the matter for next step.

Obeth Sowwndarajan   22 June 2022

Hi Raghav,

Greetings! 

I could see the case was disposed and a judgement copy date 13-12-2021, my lawyer is not well and he never appeared for a hearing due to illness.

In this case, should I wait for court to serve any notice for the dependents or should I contact any lawyer to proceed further? 

Please help! 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register