LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Banker Harpreetsingh (Patent Agent)     12 October 2013

Accident

A friend of mine while going early morning towards his office meet with an accident, around 1 KM before his office. He was travelling in his own scooter. He is right now in the ICU since a week.

The company provides for the medical bill but is  it not giving any clarity regarding the salary.

My question is that can somebody provide me with clarification with cititation regarding that the company has to give salary also along with the medical bill as the employee was going towards the office which is a PSU. while going towards the office can it be said as 'ON DUTY'?

Learning

3 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     12 October 2013

Mr.Banker,1. you have to file accidental claim in MACT (motor accidental claim tribunal) court of your area , where you claim all your losses like ,salary , medical bills , disability claim , his personal expenses and hospital charges, expences for attendant , his diet ,etc......,from the insurance company of the offending vehicle .engage lawyer for that. 2. Your friend was not onduty , he was presumed on duty only when if he had gone some where for official work and accident took place on the due course of that ,your friend was going to her company and in between he met an accident ,he was ot in course of company work therefore he will not presume as OnDuty.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     14 October 2013

he may get better deal through MACT.

Banker Harpreetsingh (Patent Agent)     14 October 2013

Thanks Joshiji and Sudhirji for the valuable advice

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register