LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Velocity   23 June 2015

abusive sms

Hello everyone, I am going through lots of issues due to my wife. She left me and went back to India after accusing that I am cheating on her. We're ccurrently going tthrough divorce process. My wife started sending lots of abusive sms to my sister everyday. This is going on for 2 weeks. Can my sister lodge a police complaint on her and what punishment will be awarded to my wife. Thanks in advance for your answers.


 3 Replies

Abhishek (Cheif Attorney)     23 June 2015

Yes you can file complaint in police


yes file a police compliant by your sister to police.

also mention that due to this there is a chance that she might file false cases on you & your sister


now if she files CAW or 498a or DVC then in the first preliminary objection mention that it VENGEANCE i.e., revenge taking response to the action by your sister. ask for restraining orders from the police.


Ask ATR thru RTI after 7 days, Send the original complaint to PHQ or MHA thru Regd Post with AD & retain the slips.

Velocity   23 June 2015

Hi Atur, Thanks for your response. Can you please explain what's ATR, PHQ, MHA and AD? And also what's the punishment for sending abusive and threatening messages. Indeed my wife is sending threatening messages also that she will file cases if we don't agree for settlement and pay her huge amount of money. Thanks in advance for your help.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register