LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neeta jha   15 November 2015

Abusive neighbour

My neighbour (A) was assaulted verbally and physically on the just concluded Diwali eve by her neighbour(S).. S was throwing crackers in A 's direction when confronted by A ...S slapped her in public pulled her hair and verbally abused her. Later S went on to throw stones in other neighboring areas harassing all .. S has this recurring tendency to abuse any one for anything and seems to get away with it .. She abuses in the most obsene of terms and causes lots of raucos too .. But this latest incident has opened our eyes to how bad this situation can go and we want to take action against her but don't know how .. We called the police that day ..n doctor to check on A for her damages .. Police took statement s sort off and then went away .. Nothing has been done so far ..please advise what more we can do .. To prevent a situation where someone in our neighborhood can get seriously wounded.


 3 Replies

Anish Thakur 7018812737 (advocate)     15 November 2015

Just consukt some lawyer and lodge FIR againts her under section 156 clause 3 of CRpc directing police by orders from court to issue investigation .

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     15 November 2015

Contact a lawyer who shall take necessary action under civil and criminal law.

Police might be hesitant in helping you as the offendor happens to be a woman

Kapil Sethi (Director)     15 November 2015

There is no need of doing anything except start ignoring this lady. When she abuses all neghbours should join hands and one or two ladies should cover her face with a blanket and then  slap her left and right. Up and below. This way a social lesson should be given to her. Going to police or court is a very cumbersome process and you will have more and more problems. These problems are much difficult than what you are facing now. Our country does not have any law and order in place, where ever you will go they will ask for bribe and will do nothing. They may harass you and it would take years to get any kind of justice. Please don't take it in bad sense but this is a bitter truth. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query