LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sheela (ABC)     13 November 2014

Abusive husband

I am a married woman from 4 years with no children. My husband is very well to do person working in private sector.  From 3rd day of our marriage he started abusing me calling names and beating me from 2nd month of our marriage due to his aggresive nature. According to him, i am not good looking and not fit for him financial wise and  threatening me of divorse from beginning . His family asked for dowry before our marriage but after relatives intervention, we didn't give anything. I couldn't carry forward my job because we were living in a non english speaking country. I was and am totally dependent on him. He never gave me money except from household expenses. He never said he loved me or showed any affection towards me. He hardly do s*x which would be once in a month from day 1 of our marriage thats why i couldn't concieve. According to him, every married person is not s*xtually active as they tell others. He used to pick faults in my daily household activities and physically abuse me for it mostly after drinking. I never told anyone about it, not to my parents because of their life threatening disease. 

After 3 years of this humiliation and devoid of love, i came in contact of a person. We never had any s*xual realationship but he used to cheer me up. I broke every contact with that person months before my husband suspected.  Now my husband have some pictures of us kissing and wanted divorse from me. What should I do? 

Learning

5 Replies

Hardik Mehta (Family Counsellor)     13 November 2014

Sheela, just deny the allegations and accept the divorce. It is not possible for you to stay with the person and you should leave him if he is asking the same. Apply for Mutual Consent Divorce

498 A fighter (Advocate)     13 November 2014

Hardik sir is correct go for mutual consent divorce,this is just a clip what you said but you may have a very sad picture , if husband get chance for saying his side then he will also show similar picture it is hard to bring you together and make a bond as in between husband and wife , if it happens then it may broke any time so whatever you do  you proceed after deeply thinking all the facts..............

see your inbox

Sheela (ABC)     13 November 2014

Would mutual consent divorse or filing a case be advisable? After marriage my professional career has been ruined. I have to start my life from scratch without any support from my family because of my father demise. Now i am financially dependent on him and he know it very well and still taunting me on that. He is earning very well and have many properties even abroad. But still he is threatening me of pictures and unwilling to provide maintainance and alimony or as less as possible.

498 A fighter (Advocate)     13 November 2014

shell check your inbox i had explained it

SuperHero (Manager)     13 November 2014

·        I am not a Lawyer or advocate. This is my View…

·        The MCD is best, you get divorce in 6 months and you are free..

·        Option A:

·        You can file Domestic Violence and harassment case, requesting for divorce, maintenance and alimony. You have to prove it and go through courts may be few Years.

·        Do you have any evidences of Domestic violence?

·        If you file a case and he can contest it and the pictures will work as a proof or evidence (adultery) and you will be humiliated. May be you won’t win the case.

·        Option B:

·        With elderly people and Friends, negotiate or bargain the deal and get a MCD.

·        Good Luck.

Money Lost, Nothing is Lost.

Health Lost, Something is Lost.

Time or Character Lost, Everything is Lost.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register