LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sangeeth (student)     01 October 2016

Abuse over cell phone

I was insulted by using enormous abusive language over phone in an incoming call. Luckily during the conversation I was able to record it. Is there any legal law provisions to file a case at court.

Thank you in advance for the time spend to read my complaint.


 8 Replies

Rewind n play. Repeat. U be doing no more good than listening to it all.over again. Call back n tell same to u.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 October 2016

Let your own able counsel listen to it and advise.

A walk alone (-)     01 October 2016

Nobody abuse anyone without reason. Your query is not clear. Anyway dnt waste your time and money in filing case. What punishment or decision you expect from court for this? No punishment. People after doing murder live in fresh air and you are expecting punishment for only being abused. If someone abuse you over phone then call him and abuse him in same way. Tit for tat.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     02 October 2016

Immediatelly file a complaint to cyber crime police cell or call on toll free number for women in distress.  It takes less than an hour for them to track the call and book the nuisance monger. But a written complaint is necessary and the tapping has to be done only with the permission of an officer above rank of Dy.Commissioner.

1 Like

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     02 October 2016

The same is an offence u/s 506 of the IPC in case ther said person has intimidated you in any way. Take necessary action by filing a police complaint and thereafter approaching the court,

Augustine Chatterjee

Advocate & Solicitor at Law


1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     02 October 2016

Let your own able counsel listen to it and advise.

Your own counsel can advise you thereafter, and support so that matter is logically concluded.

anil   09 October 2016

recording by you is not permitted by law, so file a complaint and go to court for recording.

you can do nothing at present, get same conversation in whatsapp or sms or by other means then only its good to fight else run here and there and waste money

Siddharth Dev (Advocate)     14 October 2016

If you have any apprehension only then you should file case Regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register