LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar...... (occupation )     27 September 2017

Absconding wife

I am married to a divorcee, she ran away from her earlier marriage and settled with the Guy for 10 lakhs, now after marrying me she and her parents insisted me on buying a house in her name, i bought the house but registered it on my name and her name. after the house has been purchased the girl started fighting with me (she used to beat me and threw away her mangalsutra many times) stating that she has been forced to marry me, i suspected something foul when she said she wanted to visit her ailing father and did not allow her to leave the house. but she fought with me used abuse words and ran away from the house. 

This lady is highly educated, her family members (aunt, uncle, brother) maritale status is unknown. 



 18 Replies

Adv Radhika Mehta (Advocate)     27 September 2017

What is exactly your query? Why dont you involve the elders of the family and have a joint meeting and try to resolve issues?

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     27 September 2017

Firstly report the matter to police and also take help of elders or common friend and try to resolve the matter amicably. Consult a lawyer also.

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     27 September 2017

On the first place before marrying a divorcee who had extracted Rs10 lacs from previous husband you should have consultaned some experienced lawyer who would have advised you properly to marry or not and if marry what you should have taken care off such bloodsuking women in the society. Anyhow best course for you is to file police complaint about her missing for number of days. Make a visit to her parents home with family elders and friends who can stand witness in court of the conciliatory effort you made to reunite and settle matrimonial disputes. If she and her parents agree for divorce by mutual divorce, settle it on nominal amount by getting her name deleated from joint property after getting the amount. If she refuse for any settlement, file divorce petition against her on the ground of cruelty for breaking marriage without any reason, refusing for s*xual relationship and blackmailing or extortion by making unreasonable demands. Safeguard your property and finances by engaging experienced lawyer in this field.
1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 September 2017

Record the abuse.

Involve elders of family, well wishers.

Lodge police complaint under proper acknowledgment.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 September 2017

Hope you have posted the correct facts.

In other query:

‘I and my wife jointly own a house, she is not working and the loan is in her name and i am gaurantoor. 



1 Like


Many guys will be happy to read this. Many guys will be jelous of you. What did you so do that she went abscoding? Teach it to husbands over the world, let them live in peace.

Anamika Vichare (Practising Lawyer)     03 October 2017

Right now collect proof, prepare audio clips of your story as to how she got 10 lakhs out of her ealier marriage n that she forcedyouto buy joint property.

Kumar...... (occupation )     11 October 2017

i found out that she eloped with her lover, to prove that how can i get her and her lovers cell phone records ?

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     11 October 2017

Merely talking on mobile phone does not mean that your wife is eloped with the guy. Court may direct the company to produce the details and further you shall have opportunity to cross examine your wife on this point.

Kumar...... (occupation )     12 October 2017

the house i was forced to buy is jointly owned, but she is not paying the EMI and she is not ready to come back to this house. since i am paying the EMI can i claim ownership of the house ?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 October 2017

Write under proper acnowledgment to pay EMI.

Write to pay the excess amount paid by you or to agree to raise your share per % share of amounts paid by you, in gentle tone.

Build irrefutable written record.


Kumar...... (occupation )     15 October 2017

how can i use her previous divorce / any criminal case that was filed against her ?

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     15 October 2017

Previous cases of her divorce and criminal case will merely shake her being bonafide and will make her complaint doubtfull. 

Kumar...... (occupation )     15 October 2017

she has a habit of talking to other men at night, when i asked her to prove herself she would say i am suspecting her and abusing her, i have her call records which clearly shows what she is doing at night, she is over smart sometimes she uses messenger services to chat so that it doesn't reflect in her mobile bill !

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads