LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kshitiz srivastava (Executive )     10 April 2008

About VRS and partial disablement

I need help?
On 13 june 2006 my father met an accident (alkali burn) which result in loss of vision in left eye and this accident occured on job as he is an instrument engineer.He finally joined his job after fitness in december 2006. From that point of time continuously management is trying to force him to take VRS and what ever insurance amount we receive from the insurance company ,from that compensation amount company has deducted those expenses which ever was paid by company and we received a small amount of compensation.In 2007 all employees received profit distribution and my father was paid noting and no increment in salary was given and even in this year also they are planning to do the same.
NOW my question is:
1) Is there any provision in law which can protect him so that company can not compell him to take VRS?
2) Is it leagal to stop increment and other benifits like (profit distribution)
Do we have any rights so that we can live peacefully and IS company is liable to pay compensation for this disablement?


 2 Replies

Kalpana.S (-)     10 April 2008

Your father can seek compensation under the WC Act.

No one can be compelled to opt for VRS

No increments can be stooped on the basis of disabilty

umaselvanathan (HR & Admin - SENIOR EXCECUTIVE)     12 April 2008

Sri, you can opt for WC as well can file up a case before conciliation and ask them to reply, no employer compel for VRS to his employee

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register