LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

LALA   07 December 2020

About validity of degree

Dear sir, I completed master degree from a state University( the university is recognized by UGC) by distance mood.But my course(program) is not approved by Distance Education Council of UGC. According to UGC , program wise recognition necessary for distance education.Now I am not using this certificate due to this reason. Now my question is...1.If I do not use this degree ,whether it will create any problem in future . Still I am applying for govt. Job by bachelor degree. 2. If UGC give recognition to this course in future for my academic session, that time can I use the degree?

Learning

4 Replies

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     08 December 2020

As of now, the distane education degree is not valid as you say.since you have completed the degree in regular.classroom mode, I thinknyour degree of post graduation is admissible and valid. Consult the educational higher officials.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     08 December 2020

The recognition is course wise , year wise.  If it is not fake, you need not worry if the University is having recognized.  Your certificate is genuine.  Your University is genuine.  You are a victim.  The certificate can be used if there is no condition in employment notification that qualified from a  Recognised University. 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     09 December 2020

You have stated contradictory statements as the university is recognised by UGC whereas its (university) distance programme is not approved by Distance Education Council. Whether Distance Eduction Council is separate and independant body in UGC ?

It would be better to consult and engage a local prudent lawyer for analysing facts/ document, professional advise and necessary proceeding.

P. Venu (Advocate)     13 December 2020

There is no constraint in applying for any Government job based on your graduation. Your post graduation, valid or otherwise, is of no material relevance in your selection or promotion for post for which the prescribed qualification is graduation.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register