LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kavita (.)     14 November 2009

about the rights

Near to my house there is play house and there is creek going. Because of the m uddy area the mosquitos and other problem we faced. so I cover that place of mudy area by some stone and sand and build up one land. Tell me this is crime? and i said that i m the owner of the place because i creat that land and i make affidavite to claim on land. this is crime?


 5 Replies

K.C.Suresh (Advocate)     14 November 2009

It is trespass Kavitha.

Adv. T.K Sujith (lawyer)     14 November 2009

it is not clear from ur question that who is the owner of the property.

If it is a public property and ur have been possessed that land for period of more than 30 years u can claim adverse possession on it.

If it is a private property u can claim adverse possession on it after 12 years.

Other ways u has no clear title over the property. If u reclaimed land without sanction, it would attract offence under IPC etc.

U could have approach municipal authority to avoid nuisance from that land.


Suchitra. S (Advocate)     14 November 2009

Kavitha, Sujith Sir is right. You cannot say the land belongs to you unless the above said conditions are not met. You should have complained to municipal authority if you were troubled. And now, even if you might have spent money for repairing that land, you cannot claim right over the land.


Ms.Kavitha, you did social work not land grabbing. on what grounds you claim ownership? Do you have any title deed? your claiming of ownertship is wrong.

deepak johari (consultant)     17 November 2009

you do walfare work ,y can use this property with halp of munispil corporationMunispal corporation have authourred  to  property handover as care taker on lease/Rent.

But u hanve no right to sale U can repare & maintani with halp of locai area munispal cumatty.  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query