Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Manu mp   03 December 2022


I need to quash the cases 356,498A, dp act 34 on my family members. The case charged at jmfc court.

what are the remidies for this case. and i want to know the quash process in high court under the section 482.


 5 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     03 December 2022


There are two remedies if the FIR is lodged against you u/s. 498A, 356, and 34. You can either file quashing proceedings before the high court or you can fight out the case before jmfc court. Now you have to get the anticipatory bail before anything else. 

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     03 December 2022

Quashing depends upon several factors like if the criminal proceeding is allowed to be continued, it will amount to abuse the process of law, on the other hand, there is no evidences attached in the charge sheet and therefore the Court will never able to convict the accused, etc. Please be elaborated with your facts to form an opinion.

1 Like

Manu mp   04 December 2022

respected sir, we all are got anticipatary bail and now faced charge upon us in jmfc court. then there will be the option to quash the case in crpc 482 in high court and i would like to know what are the steps to file the quash and how the case will go on...

Lavisha Mamtanii   07 December 2022

i have the same question , it is of MCRC 482 MP highcourt Jabalpur. what is the procedure

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     07 December 2022

Filing of quashing petition is only made in High Courts. All you need to find out the merits and obtain the certified copy of the impugned document. Further opinion can only be formed after going through the case and documents. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register