LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bantaram Srinivas rao   31 January 2019

About old case details

I am srinivas, I have an ancestors properly in my child hood my father filed for partition suit but the both my father and my uncle are passed away in pending suit in that time my age 2 yrs, recently I came to now this details, I did not know case number and year it is more then 1976, 78 period, so for please give advice or how to search this case details


 2 Replies

Advocate G. Pavan Kumar, LL.B (Advocate , Hyderabad)     31 January 2019

1) Based on the Location of your property, find the court that Near to that ( civil court)

2) Now most of these are online,if you have details LIke Name od the parties, what type of property, You may get from Office of the Court. 

3) Apply with all details with help of Advocate/lawyer,

4)  This Look  likecrossed all the Limits of Law of Limitation. Like Tiime barred cheque.  But, If the case is cancelled because parties are died, and good reason for delay, Court may hear the case. Almost 40 Years after that case, so your age could around 40. After You become major ( 21 yrs of Age, it is another 20 Years  !!)

5) If you complete above 2 steps, then you can decide plan of action.


Shashi Dhara   31 January 2019

If Ur father and uncle passed away then property is in whoose position .till today who was enjoying property.where was u uptoday..Ur mother or Ur maternal grand mother or father did not tell u any thing about suit.how u.came to know it. Who told u. U and Ur uncles children are constitute joint family up to today. Don't search past u go and file fresh partition suit .if Ur uncles children have any court proceedings they will file it in court. The suit may take for atleast 30yrs to finish.who has informed Ur father's death If no one is informed then it may be dismissed for default.if informed suit is abated.any how u have right to file fresh suit or to reopen it set aside of abate.Because their is sufficient reason.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register