IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashant Kumar   17 May 2022

About loan recovery

Respected forum members,

I need some clarifications on loan recovery.

My father had given loan to one of his friends in year 2020.

At the time of handing over the cash, my father friend had signed a promissory note stating that he has accepted Rs.X amount from my father.

Unfortunately, my father passed away due to covid complications last year(2021).

Now my father's friend refuses to return the money.

What legal actions can i take?

Please guide me on this


 4 Replies

P. Venu (Advocate)     18 May 2022

The legal heirs can file a suit for recovery.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     19 May 2022

File a suit for recovery through a local prudent lawyer.

Prashant Kumar   19 May 2022

thanks for your prompt respone.

Yes, I have approached a local lawyer for filing the suit.

But my lawyer says that without witness signature in promissory note 

chances of wining the case is less.

Can you please clarify on this?



Diksha kesarwani   27 May 2022

if you need help in allahabad high court do consult .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query