LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vamsi krishna   06 February 2024

About compassionate appointment

Sir my father was ex Andhra Bank employee died in 2001. At that time iam a minor aged 16. so my father's branch manager told me to apply for Compassionate Appointment job after attaining majority. As per his words applied for jib in 2004 june, through branch manager. At the time of applying we asked manager to give filled up application forms to take Xerox for future reference. But he was not accepted for that. Later after applying for compassionate appointment we waited for nearly 6 months, but no reply, after one year also ni reply from branch or head office. Later we have approached many head office staff members, union leaders also, but no use. Till now since these 23 years i didn't get job. But recently we came to know that, after 1999 PSB's stopped giving Compassionate Appointments, but in some certain conditions whether employee family was poor. Truly my father hasn't taken housing loan, his service was nearly 23 years left, and also lakhs of rupees of his PF, Gratuity cut from bank because my father has taken many loans. Totally our financial position we as very very poor. But manager doesn't consider that. When ever i went to Hyderabad head office they simply giving me letter stating that iam not eligible for Compassionate Appointment. Till now what happened with our case we don't know. One-thing i want to tell here that, from 1999 to 2006 PSB's not approved Compassionate Appointments, only lumpsum ex-gratia given as Replacement. Later we applied for ex-gratia also, sadly it was also got rejected. Recently i came to know that, in 2004 some of Andhra Bank deceased employees relatives got Compassionate Appointment Jobs, i have one of the person details with appointment proof...Right now my mother was in death bed, getting some Pension. Iam 39 years old, my brother was 38. Till now we didn't have proper life or job. Doing small private jobs, leading life without marriage. No other relatives were ledt with us. Sir is there any chance to get my father Compassionate Appointment through Court Right Now. But we are very poor to pay fees also. So please kindly anyone if possible takeup our case and do justice for us. If anything we get positive from court, we will slowly repay your fees sir. Please Sir


 2 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     06 February 2024

\Well if  you have proof for appointment of person under compassionate appointment then sure you can file writ petition as you were suppoused to be appointed in that place. You may ask for Legal help from Department of litigation.

1 Like

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     07 February 2024

Not able to agree.


It is 23 year old death.  the matter is not even worth the expenditure n stationary/osage and travel expense.


Do not waste any further money and energy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register