LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Man Bo   05 May 2020

about assets

recently my dad was died on oct 25th 2019 after that assets all came to me as a son but due to over expectation on money and assets my sister got married and created me with help of corrupted police they gave paper publication that I'm mentally retarded so that they can sell all my properties without my information and the right on property will be fade away due to mentally retarded is there any solution to get back my assets my home and everything

Learning

4 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     06 May 2020

File a suit for partition of the movable and immovable properties left behind by your father which have been inherited by you.

Even if you have been declared (published) mentally retarded, no one take away your share in the property.

How can police intervene in a matter where distribution of property is concerned ? Unbelievable statement.

P. Venu (Advocate)     06 May 2020

the disconnected facts and subjective opinions posted are unable to inform of the problem, if at all any, you are facing.

Anyhow, why and how should the property come to you alone on the death of your father? Is not your sister also entitled for sahre in the property?

Moreover, how come the police have interfered in a civil matter?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     06 May 2020

Do not have such apprehensions, as no one can sell assets as they please.  Even for those assets belonging to the mentally retarded, there are some safeguards to be taken legally.  At the most, she may be trying to protect the assets for disposing of as you like at throwaway price without such necessity and there may be some other facts.  If it is really a deliberate and malafide publicity misleading on your health, contact a local advocate for missing a notice both to police and your sister.  I am afraid that Police can not release such advertisements without investigating into facts and maintain such public record.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     06 May 2020

When a person dies without leaving a valid will, their property (the estate) must be shared out according to certain rules. These are called the rules of intestacy. A person who dies without leaving a will is called an intestate person.

Only married or civil partners and some other close relatives can inherit under the rules of intestacy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register